History of the Farmers Arms

The oldest picture we have of the Farmers Arms, is a watercolour painting produced from an original photograph, dating the pub back to the mid 1800's. The landlord at that time was Frederick Nelson, and the building itself comprised a shop on the left hand side, and the pub on the right.

Rumour has it that the gent holding the little white dog in his left hand, (a local man from Ravensmoor, Mr Ridgeway), used to regularly frequent a certain pub in Nantwich town, and become so inebriated that his friends used to put him into the back of his donkey drawn cart, and the donkey used to finds its' own way home, with him sleeping in the back!

  • jquery carousel
  • WatercolourSM
css slider by WOWSlider.com v8.5
The Farmers Arms, Marsh Lane, Ravensmoor, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 8PN. 01270 623522
Who does what
Photos in and around the pub
The gardens
Satisfied customer references
Anything else to do
Where we are
Phone, fax or email us